|Under general supervision, to prepare and create instructional materials, as well as non instructional graphic, marketing, advertising and promotional materials; and to perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Produce original graphics for instructional and non instructional purposes.
b. Prepare files for various types of printing.
c. Graphics design work including cover designs, signs, slides, brochures, fliers, posters, logos, letter head and World Wide Web page design.
d. Utilize expertise in the areas of four color separation and printing, including four color design and layouts.
e. Work with outside printers and vendors in purchasing typesetting, photography, color separations and printing.
f. Maintain and update the official map, logo, and graphic presence.
g. Suggest graphic design methods for presenting ideas.
h. Design and produce publications and signs using current graphics software.
i. Operate a variety of equipment used in the production of graphic arts, and use computer programs and applications used in graphic design (desktop publishing; creating, editing, transferring, merging text and graphics).
j. Perform related work, as required.
1. Fundamentals, terminology, techniques, equipment and materials used in the production of graphic art.
2. Computer applications used in graphic design, including desktop publishing; creating, editing, transferring, merging text and graphics.
3. Four color separation and printing process, including four color design and layouts.
4. Line, half tone and color separation.
5. World Wide Web and Internet.
6. Basic math.
7. Simple record keeping.
8. English grammar and spelling.
9. Use desktop publishing equipment and computer programs and applications related to graphic design.
10. Produce original graphics.
11. Design and create large three dimensional exhibits for outreach and recruiting purposes.
12. Train and coordinate work of student assistants.
13. Organize workloads to meet deadlines.
14. Estimate job time requirements.
15. Detect subtle changes in color.
16. Use web browsers and World Wide Web search tools.
17. Design, create, organize and maintain World Wide Web pages.
18. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
19. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
20. Completion of four years of college level course work in graphic design.
21. Four years of employment experience in graphic design.
22. Or, any combination of education and experience that will produce the required qualifications.
|CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
|PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Conditions of Employment:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment is temporary and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. Short term/temporary assignments do not offer fringe benefits or pay for holidays or time not worked. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the Coordinator of the program.
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Classified/Management Employment Application
- Current Resume
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4713.
•Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard office equipment.
•Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
•Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
•Seeing to read a variety of materials.
•Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
•Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
Appropriate placement based on the HH Salary Schedule.
Coast Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1370 Adams Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
|Position #Hrly/Temp Graphic Designer
TEMPORARY/SHORT TERM - GRAPHIC DESIGNER - POOL