Position TitleAdjunct Faculty, Graphic Design (Visual Arts)
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Bryan Griggs
DepartmentVisual Art & Design
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationMultiple Locations
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rates
Job Open Date09/25/2013
Open Until FilledNo
Teach graphic design classes for Division of Visual Art & Design.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Under minimal supervision, teach semester-long graphic design classes. Undergo college mandatory training. Take part in departmental-level training. Follow all SLCC policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Answer student questions and provide necessary feedback on student progress.
5. Supports department assessment initiatives.
6. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
7. Completes all required trainings.
8. Demonstrate and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
9. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
Bachelor Degree. Five years full-time experience in graphic design industry.
Demonstrated experience in graphic design field. Some post-secondary (college) education experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to teach post-secondary graphic design students.
2. Demonstrated abilities in graphic design proficiency
3. Good reading and writing skills.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Dependable and punctual.
Portfolio of graphic design samples may be required prior to hiring.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
This is a pooled position and all applications are reviewed when positions become available.