Position TitlePolitical Science, Adjunct Faculty
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date10/15/2010
Open Until FilledNo
Under general supervision the instructor will teach various Political Science classes within the Political Science program.
Faculty member may be assigned to any SLCC location.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Effectively prepare and teach classes to facilitate student learning.
2. Assess and maintain records of student performance.
3. Develop, distribute to students and adhere to course outlines and/or syllabi.
4. Attend meetings and completes all required trainings.
5. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to Division School and College mission and values.
6. Maintain a supportive attitude toward work, students, colleagues and administration, and with people of diverse backgrounds.
7. Demonstrate a depth of understanding in the field of Political Science.
8. Demonstrate commitment to professional development and significant contributions in the Political Science Department.
9. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
10. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
11. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
12. Accept other duties as assigned.
Masters in Political Science
Bachelors in Political Science with one of the following: Master Degree in Political Science, Masters in Public Administration or J.D.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Demonstrated Political Science teaching experience.
2. Knowledge of the instructional program.
3. Innovative and flexible working style.
4. Effective team member and supportive of College, School and Department policies, procedures and goals.
5. Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available.