Job TitleDocument Imaging Technician
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentDT Admissions & Records
Preps, scans, and links paper documents into electronic document management systems; performs quality control of imaged records according to established procedures, guidelines, and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Preps, scans, checks and links paper documents into electronic document management systems; utilizes batch imaging processes in electronic document management systems
• Monitors image quality for accuracy and completeness; verifies accuracy of indices assigned to imaged documents, and performs quality control on the work of peers
• Operates automated document scanners and microform readers; performs general operational maintenance of equipment
• Assists with document imaging process improvement; and participates in new imaging project testing, validation and user training
• Responds to customer service requests; handles extensive confidential information
• Assists with training subordinate staff, cleans and maintains work areas
• Engages in Professional Development activities by completing all required TCCD training and professional development sessions
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of experience in an office environment
• Typing speed of a minimum of 25 wpm
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Vacation restrictions and extended work hours are periodically required during peak business cycles
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.