Job TitleAdministrative Office Assistant - Community Education and Engagement
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentTR CE Economic Development
Performs a variety of high-level clerical and administrative duties for programs, departments, and other offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Types reports and business correspondence, processes graduation application forms, receives shipping tickets, and processes payment of invoice
• Files records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Maintains spreadsheets and data bases
• Enters requisitions to purchase supplies and materials
• Communicates new and/or changes in procedures
• Interfaces with all levels of personnel in all departments throughout the District
• Provides office management duties for administrators
• Coordinates and distributes the workload of the office
• Interprets and follows prescribed procedures for the production of a large volume of work
• Orders and stocks office supplies; maintains list of office equipment, including computer hardware and software
• Schedules appointments and maintains office calendar
• Performs more advanced administrative work depending on area of assignment
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and two (2) years administrative office experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Special knowledge or skills pertinent to the needs of the office
• Experience with accounts payable and purchasing
• Experience with proposals; agreements; budget management
• Problem solving skills and the ability to lead and to instruct; strong communication skills
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.