Position TitleFaculty FT - Health Information Management
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)Fixed Term
Regular or TemporaryRegular
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- Certification as a RHIA, RHIT, CCS
- Three years’ work experience with technology common in medical/clinical practice and teaching
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and to select those who will be invited for an interview. Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom, laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview. In addition to the criteria listed below, other information gained from, and observations made during, the interview process, including the review committee’s assessment of a simulated teaching performance, may be considered in selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment.
- Extent and relevance of undergraduate/graduate educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments for both classroom and within clinical settings.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and rating, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of knowledge of and experience in employing instructional methods and techniques appropriate to difference student learning styles.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development, and/or scholarly activity.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Extent of pertinent work experience in Health Information Technology, to include management experience, quality improvement procedures, technology, and health information operations.
- Extent of familiarity with philosophy and goals of a comprehensive community college.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Letters of reference must be job related and dated within the past three years.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions.
Lack of transcripts may cause your application to be rejected from further consideration. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable document showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or alien who is authorized to work.
- Ability to teach days, evenings, weekends or online.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications, and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview will be asked to do a teaching demonstration.
Background screening may be required.