Job Posting TitleChild Development Center Teacher (Temporary) (REVISED Minimum Qualifications)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)
Department LocationChild Development Center
The Los Rios Community College District (LRCCD) is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.
The Child Development Center Teacher provides service in the care, development, and instruction of children in the Child Development Center under the direction of the Child Development Center Supervisor and designated administrator while supporting the goals and objectives of the campus Child Development Centers.
For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) position Job Descriptions click here
Temporary on on-call substitute positions. Offers of employment are contingent on verification of qualifications as well as documentation of immunization against measles, pertussis, and tuberculosis. Employment between August and December will also require a yearly influenza vaccine or signed waiver.
NOTE: Temporary classified positions are limited to 135 work days per fiscal year, per board regulation.
CDC Teacher: In addition to the duties of the Child Development Center Associate Teacher (CDC Associate Teacher)
● Works collaboratively with the Child Development Center Lead Teacher, and Child Development Center Associate Teacher, to carry out the policies and procedures of the Center.
● Assumes responsibilities for the orderly use and maintenance of materials, equipment, and the facility.
● Supervises outdoor and indoor play and learning activities.
● Maintains appropriate interpersonal relations with children, parents, college students, and staff.
● May serve as a lead for other Child Development Center staff.
● Organizes materials for Early Childhood Education students assigned to the center.
● Assists with in-service training of staff, college students, and parents.
● Confers with parents to interpret and explain relevant policies and procedures.
● Meets with parents to discuss children’s development, achievements, and behavior problems as needed and to encourage parent participation.
● Tracks children’s enrollment numbers so that the centers stay within the adult/child ratios set by licensing agencies.
● Performs related duties as required.
ARC – To be determined.
CRC – To be determined.
FLC – To be determined.
SCC – To be determined.
NOTE: Temporary classified positions are limited to 135 work days per fiscal year, per board regulations.
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
Meet all Child Care Center health requirements as required by California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 12, Article 6, and other applicable standards required of the Center.
Hold and maintain valid CPR and first aid certificates.
May need to hold a valid California Driver’s License. If a valid California Driver’s license is needed, it must be possessed and maintained in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343 and employment would be contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
CDC Teacher: Hold or be eligible for a valid Child Development Teacher Permit issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing; permit must be obtained within six months of hire date and must be maintained. To be eligible for a Child Development Teacher Permit, individuals must satisfy all of the requirements listed in one of the following options:
1. Meet the education and experience requirements of the Associate Teacher.
2. Completion of a minimum of 24 semester units of course work in early childhood education or child development (excluding fieldwork), including at least one course of at least three semester units in each of the following core areas:
a. Child/Human Growth and Development
b. Child, Family, and Community, or Child and Family Relations
3. Completion of 16 semester units in general education, including at least one course in each of the following areas: Humanities and/or Fine Arts, Social Sciences, Math and/or Science, and English and/or Language Arts.
4. Completion of 175 days of experience in an instructional capacity in a child care and development program, working at least three hours per day within the last four years. Upon hire, this experience must be verified by submitting an original letter from the employer of official letterhead.
1. Completion of an associate degree or higher in early childhood education or child development or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Completion of three semester units of supervised field experience in an early childhood education setting.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
6. Hold and maintain valid CPR and first aid certificates (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Salary$15.28 per hour
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process.