Weber State University invites nominations and applications for the position of the Dean of the John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics.
Weber State inspires impassioned commitment from its faculty, staff, students and alumni. The reason is simple: nothing is more important to us than our students’ success. We engage students of all ages from all backgrounds. For us, this isn’t just a platitude—we are an open admission institution, serving over 27,000 students from some of the most ethnically and economically diverse communities in Utah. The University cultivates remarkably personalized teaching, mentoring, and engaged learning throughout our 225 undergraduate certificate and degree programs, and 15 graduate degrees. But along with being a learning institution, the University is a community leader. Whether it is volunteer service, outreach, economic development, or just making Utah a better place to live, Weber State does it all in locked arms with our community partners.
The University is a national leader for advancements in higher education, such as our dual-mission model, stackable credentials, technology-enhanced learning, and nationally recognized sustainability practices across our multiple campuses.
Brief Summary of Job Description
The John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics provides quality education for career-oriented students. Principles that are important to our mission include fostering learning through excellent teaching and close student-faculty interaction, the synthesis of theory across disciplines, application of theory to practice through applied research, and dissemination of practical business information throughout the community. Degree programs include Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Master of Business Administration, Master of Accounting, and Master of Taxation. The Goddard School faculty has an unconditional devotion to scholarly activity, community engagement and ultimately, quality education. The Goddard School is looking for a visionary leader whose passion is contagious and who will continue to support excellence and innovation from our dedicated and vibrant faculty.
The Dean of the Goddard School will serve as an academic leader for the school within a university environment that fosters collaboration and shared governance.
Our campuses are located in the heart Utah’s legendary outdoor recreation, complemented with many metropolitan delights—it is a fantastic place to live and work. So, if you decide to apply, study our retirement benefits, because once you work here you will never want to work anywhere else.
• An earned doctorate in a program within the Goddard School.
• Evidence of effective teaching, with a willingness to promote high-impact experiential education.
• Evidence of a scholarly record consistent with earning tenure and promotion in the Goddard School.
• Evidence of effective community engagement and fund-raising or ideas to develop a strategic plan in these areas.
• Demonstrated experience in academic administration, which includes managing budgets and recruiting, mentoring, and evaluating faculty in the tenure and promotion process.
• The ability to engage as a collaborative partner with all faculty and departments to implement a long-term strategic vision that advances excellence in teaching, research, service, and assurance of learning.
• The ability to provide leadership and support to maintain AACSB International accreditation.
• Demonstrated ability to manage funds beyond reproach and to ensure rigorous accounting practices across all departments.
• The breadth of experiences necessary to represent and serve as an advocate for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
• The aptitude to work with faculty, staff, and students to guide the scholarly, professional, and extracurricular activities of the school.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
• The aptitude and commitment to foster and manage the acquisition of state, federal, and private funds.
• The ability to foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To apply, please complete the online application at http://jobs.weber.edu and attach a cover letter, current CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications received by August 31, 2019 will receive preferential review. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.