The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Central State University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Mathematics beginning Fall 2019 at the rank of non-tenure track Assistant Professor or Instructor, depending on qualifications.
DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach a minimum of twelve hours per semester (or twenty-four annually) of Introductory Mathematics courses of day or evening classes.
• Maintain office hours and provide advisement for assigned students.
• Assist in curriculum development, review, and textbook selection.
• Involve undergraduate students in research and preparation for graduate study and/or a career in mathematics.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Participate in departmental, college, and university committees and other service activities to enhance the role and mission of the university.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• A Ph.D. in Mathematics is required for the rank of non-tenure track Assistant Professor; A master’s degree in mathematics or master’s degree in a related field with 18 credit-hours of mathematics at the graduate-level is required for the rank of Instructor.
• Minimum 1-3 years undergraduate teaching experience at the university level.
• Dedication to ensuring excellence in curriculum delivery, development, and improvement.
• Experience and interest in teaching students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds are essential.
• Ability to use technology in instruction and student advising.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the role of a comprehensive college in a multi-cultural setting.
• Evidence of the possession of those qualities of character, personality and competence expected in a teacher and director of students.
• Involvement with recognized professional associations or organizations.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, official transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
The letters of recommendation & transcripts may be sent to:
Central State University
Attn: Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
PO Box 1004
1400 Brush Row Road
Wilberforce, OH 45384