Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
Under general/limited supervision, this position is responsible for significant functions in Recruiting, Admissions, Retention, and/or Financial Aid. Has in-depth knowledge of functions and processes throughout the scope of the specialty area. This position acts a primary expert and provides advice and information to others. Ensures that all district policies/practices surrounding function are implemented/carried out correctly by others. Primarily performs specialized, specific functions requiring knowledge and experience in a particular field, area or department function. Typical duties may include information gathering and review, presentation of information in verbal or written form, some interpretation of information.
- Assists students in processes relating to registration and admissions including academic advising on course transferability
- Provides advice and counsel in areas of expertise such as academic advising, financial aid, and student records
- Informs and orients students in order to help them succeed in college setting
- May advise high school students and parents on requirements for dual credit, admissions and determines exceptional admission
- May provide expertise to others in the processing of transcripts
- May analyze transfer coursework, accreditation, catalogs and numbering/grading systems to affect and maintain the Degree Audit system files
- May determine residency requirements
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated high-level communication and computer skills
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural and multigenerational diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Demonstrated commitment to quality service to students
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile.
- No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until 01/14/2019