Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
The Director, Online Technologies manages staff and/or resources to provide specific program or service offerings to internal or external stakeholders. Responsible for planning, administering, and providing online technology support for Lone Star College-Online. Responsible for directing all online technology support activities and operations, including supervising full and part-time online technology support staff; developing and implementing a comprehensive online technology department ensuring that online technology support services, meet faculty and student needs system-wide; developing programs and services in concert with LSCS’s and LSC-Online’s vision and strategic plan; ensuring the integration of quality online technology support with other programs, both within system office and on each campus. Develops policies and procedures and programs to be carried out through organization. Typically makes strategic process level or low-level interpretive decisions. Fully responsible for budget planning and resource allocation for area.
- Directs instructional support planning, development, and implementation of online technology programs
- Supervises, trains, schedules, establishes work priorities for, and evaluates full and part-time online technology staff
- Directs technologists, multi-media online staff to provide highest quality of services and resources to LSCS faculty and students including training materials and support, technology support, and multimedia services and support
- Identifies, implements, and maintains online technologies that meet the needs of LSCS faculty and students
- Coordinates the integration and innovation of online technologies and services within LSC-Online and with other campus services, academic programs and technologies
- Develops and implements a support and testing plan to include a monitoring system, performance of upgrades, integration, and incident management
- Manages projects to support, maintain and innovate high quality online technologies
- Contributes to establishing a culture of evidence, and in this role, contributes to the development of surveys, collects and analyzes data for continuous quality improvement and compiles appropriate follow up reports
- Formulates, in consultation with LSC-Online and other appropriate campus groups, the goals, objectives, and long range plans for online technology services
- In collaboration with other LSC-Online managers/directors, plans, develops, and implements internal and external programs and the expansion of services and resources
- Promotes effective utilization of online technology resources and services
- Develops and monitors online technology budget
- Assures representation of the online technology services in system and where possible college planning, task forces, and committees in order to integrate and ensure consistent online technology activities with those of the College and System
- Remains current in all aspects of online technologies appropriate to the community college environment through review of professional literature, participation in local, state, and national activities, continuing education, and attendance and presentations at relevant conferences and workshops
- Identifies alternative sources of funding and lead team to acquire grants and other funding
- Assures compliance with local, state, and federal laws with regard to safety and emergency procedures, privacy of records, theft of materials, copyright, Americans with Disabilities Act and other appropriate areas
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Flexibility and the ability to establish priorities
- End user proficiency on computer workstation
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience, with at least 3 years in a management or director position
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd)
20515 SH 249