ADJUNCT FACULTY| CINEMATOGRAPHY| ON-CAMPUS
URGENT NEED, GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH PASSIONATE STUDENTS
****Must be 35mm DSLR Focused, Short Documentary
Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design seeks qualified applicants for the position of Adjunct Faculty for Cinematography On-Campus in Commercial Photography program. The BFA in Photography is rapidly growing program with the goal education future professionals in the field of Commercial and Fine Art Photography, Cinematography. Specific skills in digital capture, post production, lighting, portraiture, location, studio, short non-fiction video narratives.
RMCAD is a small, premier art and design college with accreditations from HLC and NASAD, offering degrees in applied and fine arts. The Commercial Photography program is delivered through both Online and On Campus platforms in the context of 8 week terms.
This course introduces students to the historical and theoretical concepts of film and motion. Included is instruction in camera techniques, storytelling, editing, and sound within a documentary, short non-fiction, format. At the end of this course, students will have a baseline understanding of video processes including; production, creating and working with storyboards, script interpretation, and post-production editing software illustrated by the completion of a video narrative project.
Faculty should have teaching and professional experience in creating short-medium length documentary projects. Articulate historical perspectives in the genre, DSLR camera technology and its advantages, video capture, uploads to Adobe Premier, video editing, audio, the addition of other digital media. Important is the guiding students through the creation of a meaningful narrative process.
- Teaching and Instructional Activities: the practice and art of teaching, including evaluation by students, supervisor(s), and self. Faculty must also comply with all administrative and classroom management policies, procedures and instructional deadlines.
- Facilitate meaningful learning of curriculum course, competencies and proactively support all facets of the learning environment
- Encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics
- Delivers instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes for student success.
- Record class attendance in Faculty Portal and submit midterm/final grades by the due date specified.
- Provide timely and periodic feedback to students on assignments and participation.
- Attend required training sessions and departmental meetings.
Candidates must have a MA or MFA with applications in the creative industries with photo based media and commercial photography being especially relevant. In addition to academic credentials and experience, a professional practice in the area of Video and moving narratives holds significant value.
How to Apply
Using the application link, qualified candidates can submit their CV/Resume, unofficial transcripts, and a portfolio of professional experience or a link to their professional website for consideration.