URGENT NEED, GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH PASSIONATE STUDENTS
ADJUNCT FACULTY | ANIMATION 2D |ON-CAMPUS
***TOONBOOM HARMONY knowledge required
Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design seeks qualified applicants for positions in the 2D Animation department on campus with expertise in 2D Animation using ToonBoom Harmony, who will be part of a growing, dynamic community of diverse educators. RMCAD is a small, premier college certified by HLC and NASAD offering degrees in fine and applied arts.
2D Animation focus on the development of storytelling, animation, technical, conceptual, and problem solving skills through analytical and intuitive approaches. We integrate an understanding of visual literacy, historical connections, and hands-on studio practice as methods for students to understand their role as professional artists and designers in a global context.
- Instruct students in classes ranging from fundamental to advanced animation in Harmony.
- Facilitate meaningful learning of course curriculum, competencies and proactively support all facets of the learning environment
- Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics
- Deliver instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes for student success
- Records class attendance in Faculty Portal and submit midterm/final grades by the due date specified
- Provides timely and periodic feedback to students on assignments and participation.
- Attends required training sessions, faculty and departmental meetings.
- Executes assessment practices when necessary
- Candidates must have significant experience in character animation. Candidates must be fluent with ToonBoom Harmony. Knowledge of Storyboard Pro is a plus. Additional software skills are welcome.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree in Animation or a related field
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of one year of teaching experience in higher education
- Candidates must reside in the Denver metro area.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates may submit the online application link to upload their CV/Resume, unofficial transcripts, and a portfolio of professional experience or a link to their professional website for consideration. Applications without an Art or Design portfolio or link to a website will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until successful candidates are found.