Under the supervision of the Orange Coast College (OCC) Director of Marketing and Public Relations, to assist with the social media campaigns of the college; help organize special events and assist in the workflow of the department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the college's social media efforts to reinforce OCC's brand, increase followers, and generate good will.
- Help departments and programs establish and maintain a social media presence.
- Assist in ensuring the social media guidelines are followed in accordance with OCC's established policies and procedures.
- Create social media reports on effectiveness, response and outreach.
- Maintain the digital marquee presence of the college.
- Coordinate with college vendors to complete projects.
- Maintain all mailing, legislative, media and database lists for the college.
- Participate in special public relations and marketing events and projects, as requested.
- Coordinate department meetings including agendas, room reservations, etc.
- Perform other clerical and administrative tasks related to college public information functions, as assigned.
- Effective social media techniques and mediums to produce tangible results.
- Knowledge of social media analytics.
- Modern office equipment and procedures, including the ability to operate a computer for word processing, recordkeeping, and desktop publishing.
- Format and operations of local newspapers, radio stations, and television stations.
- Professional etiquette skills.
- Keep abreast of social media trends and develop communications plans to use the medium to its fullest.
- Maintain records and files.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. Assignments are short-term, temporary, and do not offer fringe benefits or pay for holidays or time not worked, and are limited to 28 hours per week
or 160 days per fiscal year. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. Applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application.
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in