Job Title: Associate Dean Faculty
Job Code: 13091
Salary Grade: 32
This position is focused around faculty support and development. Responsibilities include the mentoring and management of faculty, addressing performance concerns, facilitating faculty recognition programs, and creating a sense of faculty community. Faculty scheduling, credentialing, and faculty training would be the responsibility of the associate dean’s department as well. In addition, this position would be responsible for institutional effectiveness assessment projects. There will be twelve Lead Faculty reporting into the associate dean. Together, they would share responsibility in hiring and credentialing new faculty in each department. The position is based remotely, but must reside within the U.S.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position
Key Job Elements:
• Manage Lead Faculty positions in the credentialing and hiring of faculty.
• In conjunction with the Dean of Online Programs, ensure faculty is in compliance with academic policies and procedures, educational policies, and accreditation standards.
• Investigate and resolve student and faculty issues.
• With the support of the lead faculty, monitor all active courses for quality assurance, ensure faculty provides a strong, student-focused educational environment through consistent adherence to course rubrics, student competencies, and course pedagogy.
• Manage the Adjunct Faculty and Full-time Faculty evaluation process, monitor the completion of online course observations and periodic faculty evaluations
• Create and coordinate faculty recognition programs and faculty events calendar
• Manage faculty scheduling process with the support of the lead faculty, ensuring that faculty are scheduled based on credentials and student success.
• Coordinate faculty assessment and institutional effectiveness process.
• Create and conduct faculty trainings that improve faculty teaching and approach to online learning.
Reports To: Dean of Online Programs
• Master’s degree in Business, Education, Education Administration, Professional Arts, or closely-related program area offered by one of the brand schools.
• Five or more years of industry-related experience.
• Five or more years of experience in teaching and/or evaluating online courses.
• Knowledge of leading-edge instruction practices and metrics in higher education, with an emphasis on adult education.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff populations.
• Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
• Strong computer literacy skills.
• Superior time management skills and proven ability to meet strict time deadlines
• Change management and project management skills.
• Technologically independent, with knowledge of Microsoft Office, student information systems, and learning management systems.
• Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
• Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
• Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion when handling highly sensitive and confidential issues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.